Did you find this helpful?
In complex systems you may want to provide additional event handling on your custom server. PlayFab offers Webhooks to achieve this. Whenever new event is emitted, it can be forwarded to your server by making POST request to your custom web endpoint and event data is passed as JSON body.
To access Webhooks, select "Analytics" (1) in the sidebar menu. Then select "Webhooks" tab (2).
- "New Webhook" button allows you to create and configure new webhook
- Webhook name label, click to configure webhook
- Status label, shows if webhook is currently enabled
- Failing Since label, shows when webhook endpoint stopped returning OK responses
- Having some webhooks selected, use "Delete" button to permanently remove those webhooks.
- Select Webhook name to uniquely identify webhook
- Set up the Endpoint URI. This URI will be hit when event occures
- You may set Webhook to be enabled/disabled. This allows temporarily suspend webhook without completely removing it from the system.
- Set up the filters to only process events you need. You can filter by Event Name, Event Source and PlayerID. You can have several filters per group. Each filter has to be matched for event to fall into group
- You may define several filter group to include different filters. Event must fall into at least one group to be passed to the webhook