PlayFab API Documentation
If you prefer not to use our available SDKs, you can access the entire PlayFab service directly via these REST-like Web APIs. For simplicity and security, all function calls are HTTP POST requests over SSL, and all data is formatted as JSON with optional gzip encoding.
- Authentication The Authentication APIs provide a convenient way to convert classic authentication responses into entity authentication models. These APIs will provide you with the entity authentication token needed for subsequent Entity API calls.
- Profiles All PlayFab entities have profiles, which hold top-level properties about the entity. These APIs give you the tools needed to manage entity profiles.
- Groups The Groups API is designed for any permanent or semi-permanent collections of Entities (players, or non-players). If you want to make Guilds/Clans/Corporations/etc., then you should use groups. Groups can also be used to make chatrooms, parties, or any other persistent collection of entities.
- Data Store arbitrary data associated with an entity. Objects are small (~1KB) JSON-compatible objects which are stored directly on the entity profile. Objects are made available for use in other PlayFab contexts, such as PlayStream events and CloudScript functions. Files can efficiently store data of any size or format. Both objects and files support a flexible permissions system to control read and write access by other entities.
- Events Write custom PlayStream events for any PlayFab entity. PlayStream events can be used for analytics, reporting, debugging, or to trigger custom actions in near real-time.
- CloudScript Cloud Script is one of PlayFab's most versatile features. It allows client code to request execution of any kind of custom server-side functionality you can implement, and it can be used in conjunction with virtually anything.
- Client APIs which provide the full range of PlayFab features available to the client - authentication, account and data management, inventory, friends, matchmaking, reporting, and platform-specific functionality
- Server Provides functionality to allow external (developer-controlled) servers to interact with user inventories and data in a trusted manner, and to handle matchmaking and client connection orchestration
- Matchmaker Enables the use of an external match-making service in conjunction with PlayFab hosted Game Server instances
- Admin APIs for managing title configurations, uploaded Game Server code executables, and user data