PlayFab API & SDK Release Notes
Unless otherwise noted, no change will ever affect an existing title. Upgrade warnings are notes about less-than-trivial changes to the sdk which may cause minor compiler errors if you change/upgrade your PlayFab SDK version.
Unreal Cpp Sdk HotFix:
- Issues were discovered in the Entity API release for Unreal Cpp Sdk. These are hotfixed, and the Entity API should now work as expected.
- Only the date was updated, not the major/minor version numbers
UnitySdk Specific Changes:
- Performance improvement for default HTTP settings (UnityWWW), for long-running processes
Unreal SDKs Updated to support v4.17 thru 4.19:
- Removing support for UE 4.14 thru 4.16 (Please update!)
Unreal SDKs Updated to support Entity APIs:
- Sorry for the delay!
- This release still targets UE 4.17, and not 4.18 or 4.19. We are in-progress working on updating versions
- Entities! Blog! Guide!
- All Client login methods return Entity credentials if request.LoginTitlePlayerAccountEntity is set to true
- Guilds! Blog! Guide!
- Error Codes for many API methods updated for accuracy (Dozens!)
New API Methods:
- admin.RevokeInventoryItems and server.RevokeInventoryItems
- A whole new Entity API
- Many new Entity PlayStream Events (search for "entity" on linked page)
Most SDKs Updated to support Entity APIs:
- Will Support Soon: Unreal Bb and Cpp (Sorry, delayed due to technical difficulties!)
- SendAccountRecoveryEmail now supports custom account recovery email templates when a custom account recovery email template ID is passed in with the request parameters.
- All Client Login Mechanisms can now optionally return Entity API credentials
- (This is part of a coming-soon feature)
UnitySdk Specific Changes:
- We are dropping support for older Unity versions, see our blog post
- Build files are now published using Unity version 2017.3.0f3
- Java is now published to Maven
UnitySDK Specific Changes:
- Fixing issues with compression
- It should be safe to re-enable compression for all versions and all platforms
- PlayFab UnitySDK had an issue with Unity version 2017.1
- See the forum post for details
- This has been resolved, PlayFab UnitySDK should work for all versions again
API Documentation Update:
- Error codes updated on many API methods
CSharpSDK and UnitySDK Specific Changes:
- Adding a PlayFabException class, so that it's easier to catch PlayFab specific exceptions.
NodeSDK Specific Changes:
- SDK Breaking Change: Require syntax for NodeSDK NPM package changed
- Major upgrade focused on NPM package
- Formerly require statements did not follow the NPM convention, requiring multiple nonstandard require statements
- Now it requires a single require statement, and follows NPM conventions
- Major version number changed, this release is now 2.0
- 1.x to 2.x Upgrade Guide
Cloud Script Example:
- Added TypeScript definitions for the API Error exceptions