PlayFab API & SDK Release Notes
Unless otherwise noted, no change will ever affect an existing title. Upgrade warnings are notes about less-than-trivial changes to the sdk which may cause minor compiler errors if you change/upgrade your PlayFab SDK version.
- Updated obsolete documentation meta data
- Added TypeString as an Alternate name for Type in most APIS
- Added AddLocalizedNews to the Admin API
- Added GetPlayFabIDsFromPSNAccountIDs to the Server API
- Added another MatchmakingEntityInvalid reason - NoLeaderboardForStatistic
- Added CurrentServerStats to Multiplayer Models
- Various bug fixes across Unity
Xbox xplat nugets are also available: https://www.nuget.org/packages/com.playfab.xplatxboxsdk.v141/
XPlatCppSdk Specific Changes:
- SDK Breaking Change: Updated the folder structure for the XPlatCppSdk repo. If you are using the SDK with project references, an update to vcxproj files path would be required.
- Adding Xbox support to the XPlatCppSdk. Refer to the XPlatCpp Getting Started Guide for Xbox.
- New API :
- Added PlayFabEventApi to support Heavyweight (low throughput) and Lightweight (high throughput) custom events.
UnrealMarketplacePlugin Specific Changes:
- Adding support for Unreal Engine 4.21
XPlatCppSdk Specific Changes:
- Added support to build external dependencies
- Updated nuget composition. This is not a breaking change. Added binaries for the external dependencies to the nuget and updated the properties sheet.
- Bug fixes for QoSAPI.
CSharpSDK Specific Changes:
- Added .NET Standard 1.1/2.0 (plus .Net Core) support.
- Updated nuget composition. The package now contains binaries for .Net Standard 1.1/2.0 and portables also.
- Migrated VS project files to VS 2017 standard.
UnitySDK Specific Changes:
- SDK Breaking Change: The SimpleGet success callback signature has changed, and now must accept a new single parameter of a byte
- Added SimplePost.
- AzureVmSize enum values are updated
- Updated to provide instructions and a script to build dependencies from source code via git submodules on Windows
- PlayFab now supports login and account-linking with OpenID
- Additional XboxLive ID support, and enabling Xbox login via server
In preparation for wider release of the service, we are rolling out PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0 APIs.See http://aka.ms/PlayFabMultiplayer for more information
- A variety of deprecations have taken effect, and those elements have been removed from SDKs and documentation
- Some Admin API methods related to unreleased features have been hidden
- server.DeleteUsers deprecation has taken effect
- A field deprecation for "ServerHostname", spread across a variety of matchmaking related calls in admin, client, matchmaker, and server APIs has taken effect. "ServerIPV4Address" is the replacement.
- Minor fixes/improvements to ScreenTime analytics
- The automated-build branch structure for GitHub repos is changing
- The normal customer facing branches, "versioned" and "master" will be unchanged
Adding Metadata to the DeleteMasterPlayerAccountRequest Model
Bug fixes in the Unreal Marketplace Plugin to expand supported versions
Unreal Marketplace Plugin:
- Updated Marketplace Plugin to include our Blueprint interface
- New Marketplace Getting Started Guide
- View in Unreal Marketplace
- Upgrade Guide
New PlayStream Event Documentation:Next Page