PlayFab API & SDK Release Notes
Unless otherwise noted, no change will ever affect an existing title. Upgrade warnings are notes about less-than-trivial changes to the sdk which may cause minor compiler errors if you change/upgrade your PlayFab SDK version.
XPlatCppSdk Specific Changes:
- SDK Breaking Change: Updated the folder structure for the XPlatCppSdk repo. If you are using the SDK with project references, an update to vcxproj files path would be required.
- Adding Xbox support to the XPlatCppSdk. Refer to the XPlatCpp Getting Started Guide for Xbox.
- New API :
- Added PlayFabEventApi to support Heavyweight (low throughput) and Lightweight (high throughput) custom events.
UnrealMarketplacePlugin Specific Changes:
- Adding support for Unreal Engine 4.21
XPlatCppSdk Specific Changes:
- Added support to build external dependencies
- Updated nuget composition. This is not a breaking change. Added binaries for the external dependencies to the nuget and updated the properties sheet.
- Bug fixes for QoSAPI.
CSharpSDK Specific Changes:
- Added .NET Standard 1.1/2.0 (plus .Net Core) support.
- Updated nuget composition. The package now contains binaries for .Net Standard 1.1/2.0 and portables also.
- Migrated VS project files to VS 2017 standard.
UnitySDK Specific Changes:
- SDK Breaking Change: The SimpleGet success callback signature has changed, and now must accept a new single parameter of a byte
- Added SimplePost.
- AzureVmSize enum values are updated
- Updated to provide instructions and a script to build dependencies from source code via git submodules on Windows
- PlayFab now supports login and account-linking with OpenID
- Additional XboxLive ID support, and enabling Xbox login via server
In preparation for wider release of the service, we are rolling out PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0 APIs.See http://aka.ms/PlayFabMultiplayer for more information
- A variety of deprecations have taken effect, and those elements have been removed from SDKs and documentation
- Some Admin API methods related to unreleased features have been hidden
- server.DeleteUsers deprecation has taken effect
- A field deprecation for "ServerHostname", spread across a variety of matchmaking related calls in admin, client, matchmaker, and server APIs has taken effect. "ServerIPV4Address" is the replacement.
- Minor fixes/improvements to ScreenTime analytics
- The automated-build branch structure for GitHub repos is changing
- The normal customer facing branches, "versioned" and "master" will be unchanged
Adding Metadata to the DeleteMasterPlayerAccountRequest Model
Bug fixes in the Unreal Marketplace Plugin to expand supported versions
Unreal Marketplace Plugin:
- Updated Marketplace Plugin to include our Blueprint interface
- New Marketplace Getting Started Guide
- View in Unreal Marketplace
- Upgrade Guide
New PlayStream Event Documentation:
- renaming Entity.TypeString to Entity.Type
- renaming EmptyResult to EmptyResponse
- Renamed most Authentication function calls like GameServer* to MutliplayerServer*
- Admin.GetUserAccountInfo has more detailed platform information
Objective C Specific Changes:
- various bug fixes and refactors
- Changing AttributeInstallRequest to be api specific
Unreal Engine Specific Changes:
- adding in UE marketplace plugin to SDK generator
API Group Changes:
- We have separated the Entity API Group into multiple new Api Groups
- This is a big SDK Breaking change for anybody using the former Entity Api
- See our Blog!
- See our Upgrade Guide!
- (Please note, the links for blog and upgrade guide may not work yet, they're almost done)
- New Api Methods
UnitySDK specific changes:
- Verified working on 2019.1
- Minor bug-fixes